We provide a fully holistic approach to your sustainability requirements.
Thanks to our expertise in technical, environmental, and ESG due diligence, our clients benefit from longer-term, more strategic solutions, helping them to save time and money.
ESG due diligence
ESG Due Diligence is a method of determining the sustainability of a property. The assessment includes feasibility studies on whether or not a property is capable of being certified in accordance with BREEAM, LEED®, DGNB and WELL.
The review is based on the sustainability criteria commonly used on the market (e.g. energy efficiency, indoor environmental quality, materials etc.). Taking the operational and life cycle costs of the property into consideration, we will make recommendations on how to optimize sustainability. If the client wishes, we will assist with their implementation.
Green building certification
Green Building certification has gradually become the standard for many real estate holders on the market. Regardless of whether existing buildings or new build we will certify the client’s property in accordance with the following systems:
- LEED® (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design)
- BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method)
- DGNB (Deutsches Gütesiegel für Nachhaltiges Bauen)
- WELL Building Standard
In addition to performing a certification as a whole, we also provide associated services parallel to the ongoing certification process. These are:
- The creation of building energy models in accordance ASHRAE 90.1-2010 with the program DesignBuilder. The software is recognised by the Green Business Certification Institute (GBCI).
- Fundamental and enhanced commissioning for LEED® certification.
- Assistance in developing self-declared environmental claims for environmental labelling of products (EPD in accordance with ISO 14021) as a criterion for green building certification.
- Consulting of ecological construction aspects required for sustainability certificates.
- Life Cycle Analysis and Life Cycle Cost Assessment.
Whether for a single building or a larger portfolio, we will develop sustainability strategies for our clients that establish an ongoing improvement process and proactively control related chances and risks. We will assist with the implementation of the strategy at fund management level, asset level, property management level and facility management level. In consultation with our client, we will either use systems such as GRI/CRESS that are already on the market or employ individual solutions adapted to specific requirements.
Going even further, in addition to sustainability management, we will also assist our clients with the application of the portfolio assessment system GRESB (Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark), which has become quite popular on the market. In cooperation with the client, we will mutually develop realistic targets within the GRESB framework and control implementation and reporting processes.
Sustainability case studies
Please browse our sustainability case studies by clicking on the images or titles below.